Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Thing 3 Completed

As with everything, the theory is simple, but the practice, not so much. I was able to easily set up the RSS account with bloglines. I was easily able to pick and subscribe to choices from their list, but found adding other sites a mixed bag. I have a personal blog of my Girl Scout Troop that I was easily able to add. So the first went well. I am curious to see if others can see it - they shouldn't be able to. I tried to add the weather from KARE11, and couldn't find a button. I finally added the option from bloglines to my favorites, and then tried adding it that way. Turns out only headlines can be added as RSS feed - so you have to be at the right place. Next, I tried to add some elements from the Ellen Degeneres Show that had the little RSS icon. As instructed I copied the URL I got when I clicked on the icon and then tried to add the feed in bloglines and it said it couldn't find any feed. I then tried the way I did with KARE11 and it confirmed that, indeed, there is no feed available. I think I need to find out what can and cannot be added. It could be addicting though. I did add the link to my blog, however. That worked just fine.

No comments: